A database for local BLAST search can be generated from the obtained base sequence file or amino acid sequence file.
Usable base sequence formats: GenBank (.gb, .gbk, gbff), EMBL (.embl), FastN (.fna)
Usable amino acid sequence formats: GenPept (.gpff), FastA (.faa)
- From the menu click File -> Create Blast DB.
- The Blast DB List operation dialog is displayed.
- Click Add Amino Acid DB ....
- The Blast DB Setting dialog box is displayed.
- Amino Acid File (s): Click Ref ... on the right side of the column to specify the file to create the database. It is also possible to specify multiple files simultaneously.
- The selected file will be displayed in the pull-down menu.
- DB name: In the input field, specify an arbitrary database.
- You can select either local or server storage location for the database. In order to create the database, you need to confirm in advance whether there is free space.
- The default storage location is C: \ Users \ User \ imc_xx \ data \ db on Windows.
- When you click "Run", an execution confirmation message "Create Amino Acid DB?" Is displayed.
- Click [Yes (Y)] to start the database generation.
- A progress message is displayed during execution.
- If you click "Cancel" during execution, the execution will be interrupted and the database will not be created and will be terminated.
- When generation is completed, a completion message "Completed !!" is displayed.
- Click "OK" to close the completion message and display the database you have created in the Blast DB List dialog.
- This completes the creation of the database for Blast search.