- Sequence Viewer is a viewer that displays the amino acid sequence of the base sequence and amino acid translation region of any part of the current genome.
- Genome base sequence in the specified range
- Its complementary strand base sequence
- Its amino acid sequence in the CDS region
- Scale (front or Side)
How to Launch Sequence Viewer
- Click Window-> Sequence Viewer from the menu.
- Alternatively, click the Sequence Viewer icon on the toolbox.
How to change the display range:
- Enter the base position directly in the From and To fields at the top and click the Redraw button.
How to show / hide complementary strands:
- Check the Show Complement checkbox.
How to display the amino acid sequence of the CDS region on the forward chain:
- Check the Show Amino Acid on Plus Strand checkbox.
- Amino acid sequence display method for the CDS region on the complementary strand:
- Check the Show Amino Acid on Minus Strand checkbox.
- A horizontal line is displayed between the forward and complementary strands.
How to display the base sequence scale:
- Check the Show Scale check box.
How to switch between absolute scale and relative scale:
- For the base scale, you can select an absolute scale with the first base of the current genome as 1, and a relative scale with the first base of the region displayed in the Sequence Viewer as 1.
- For absolute tick marks, turn on the Absolue radio button.
- For relative tick marks, turn on the Relative radio button.
How to switch the scale display position:
- To display the tick marks at the top of the sequence, turn on the Above radio button.
- Select the Side radio button to display the tick marks on the sides of each row of the sequence. In this case, a blank is displayed every 10 bases in the base sequence.
How to change the number of bases displayed in one line:
- Enter the number of bases in one line directly in the input field of Base per Line (50-100) and click the Redraw button.
How to Print Sequence:
- The displayed base sequence can be printed or saved in a file by the following method.
- Click the Print button to print directly to your default printer.
- Click the PDF button to save it as a PDF file.
- You can save it as a PNG file by clicking the PNG button.
- You can save it as an EMF file by clicking the EMF button.
How to Change Print Settings:
- Set the output method to the default printer.
- This setting depends on the printer specifications set as the default.