Pattern search is performed with unregistered patterns.
Copy the base sequence you want to search to the clipboard in advance.
- Searches the pattern on the base sequence displayed in the feature map with the base sequence pattern on the clipboard.
- Click the “Pattern Search” button.
- The “Pattern Search” Dialog is displayed.
- Place your cursor in the "Pattern" input field and press "Ctrl-V".
- The base sequence is pasted from the clipboard to the “Pattern” input field.
- Click the "Search" button at the bottom of the "Pattern Search" Dialog.
- A search is performed. A “Pattern Matching ..” progress message is displayed during execution, and when completed, the “Pattern Match Sites” window is displayed.
- On the left side, the automatically generated name is given as the found pattern name.
- Check the list on the left.
- The location information on the feature map where the searched pattern exists is displayed on the right side.
- Click on a specific row.
- The feature map displays its position, and the matching base sequence is displayed in blue.