This section describes the basic operations for drawing a circular genome map.
Basic operation flow
- Load the entire genome sequence to draw a circular genome map into the main current directory.
- At this time, the sequence to be read is preferably an annotated base sequence such as GenBank / EMBL.
- Forces circular drawing even if the annotation is not Circular.
- A circular genome map of only the base sequence can be drawn, but no features are displayed.
Rough steps of the operation
- Click "Window-> Circular Genome Map…" from the menu or click the Circular Genome Map button on the button toolbox.
- A confirmation message "Show Circular Genome Map?" Is displayed.
- Click "Yes (Y)"
- The circular genome map drawing dialog is displayed.
- In this state, the default circular genome map may already be drawn and displayed in the preview panel.
- If the circular genome map is not drawn automatically, select one layout style from Genome Map Layout Style and click the Set button.
- The display of the Circular Lane List changes.
- Click the "Show" button at the bottom of the dialog.
- A circular genome map of the genome is drawn in the selected layout style.
- Execute printing using the print-related buttons at the bottom of the dialog.
- A circular genome map is output to the default printer or a file in the selected image format.