- Insert another nucleotide sequence between the base sequence of the sequence lane of the main feature map.
- As the base sequence is inserted, all base positions and feature positions downstream from the insertion position are automatically shifted.
- If there is an insertion position inside the coding region, downstream amino acid sequence and stop codon may change.
- Therefore, the length of the coding region may change greatly.
- Also, if the number of bases other than multiples of 3 is inserted, the reading frame will change.
- When inserted inside the restriction enzyme recognition site, it is not usually a recognition site.
There are 4 types of methods for specifying insert base sequence as follows.
- How to key in the base sequence directly in the Input input area:
- How to refer to the file storing the nucleotide sequence to be inserted: The file formats that can be used are GenBank, EMBL, FastA, ABI, SCF.
- How to paste the nucleotide sequence copied to the clipboard: You can copy the base sequence from the feature lane or sequence lane to the clipboard.
- How to paste the nucleotide sequence and features copied to the clipboard: You can copy the base sequence and features from the feature lane or sequence lane to the clipboard at the same time.
Move the mouse over the base sequence of the sequence lane.
The shape of the mouse changes.
Mouse click between two bases.
The "Input Sequence" dialog is displayed.
Directly key in the base sequence to be inserted in "Input" input area.
A confirmation message "Insert Nucleotide?" Is displayed.
Click "Yes (Y)".
The base sequence entered between the specified sequences is inserted.
If a feature is registered downstream, it will be automatically shifted by the inserted length.
To specify a file containing the nucleotide sequence to be inserted, enter the absolute path display file name directly in the File Name input field or click "Ref ...".
"Paste from Clipboard" can be clicked when the nucleotide sequence to be inserted in the clipboard is copied.
Click "Paste from Clipboard".
The base sequence from the clipboard is inserted and displayed in the Input input area.
The base sequence displayed in the Input input area can be edited.
When you click "Insert", the base sequence of the input area is inserted at the insertion position.
When the nucleotide sequence with the feature is copied to the clipboard, the "Paste Sequence and Feature (s) from Clipboard" checkbox can be checked.
Check the "Paste Sequence and Feature (s) from Clipboard" checkbox.
"Ref ..." button and Filename input field will be disabled.
The base sequence of the clipboard is inserted at the insertion base position, and the features associated with it are also posted.